Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why did ‘Esaw reconcile with Ya‘aqov?

Greetings.

Jewish date:  2 Kislew 5771 (Parashath Wayyeṣe’).

Today’s holidays:  Dedication of St. John Lateran (Roman Catholicism), Feast Day of St. Harold “Doc” Edgerton (Church of the SubGenius), Feast Day of Saint Nectarios (Greek Orthodox Christianity).

Yes, I am not posting much these days.  My plans to move to Israel have advanced considerably.  I will be making the move on November 15-16, and getting everything ready takes a lot of time and effort.  Expect posts to be few and far between for a while.

I have begun reading The Golden Bough and am finding it considerably better than The White Goddess, but it will be some time before I finish the book.

Jerusalem, Bar Mitzvah at the Western WallImage via Wikipedia
Unfortunately, I do not really have time and energy for serious analysis of religious fallacies and misinformation in the news right now.  In lieu of that, I will leave you for the moment with a creative invitation for a bar miṣwah celebration which is roaming the Internet:



The creators of this invitation clearly know something of the events portrayed in Genesis 33, which will be read from the Torah at services that morning.

Peace.

Aaron
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment